Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
altajava

2017 Playoffs

139 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, maacoshark said:

Are you on crack? You started with the comments. Maybe you should look through your posts. All I said that there is always a loophole.  Sports franchises always seem to find a way to cheat salary caps. Just because you say it can't be done doesn't make it true. Teams make shady deals to cheat salary caps in all sports. You are naive if you think everything is done by the book.

I state fact and you are in fantasy land and call me naïve and ask me if I am on crack... :lol:

Do me a favor and take your left hand and put it on your left ear and take your right hand and put it on your right ear and pull your head out of your jackwagon.

You can't restructure contracts dude.  It's a really simple concept, but you search for that loophole and let me know what you find.

36 minutes ago, OldHat said:

I state fact and you are in fantasy land and call me naïve and ask me if I am on crack... :lol:

Do me a favor and take your left hand and put it on your left ear and take your right hand and put it on your right ear and pull your head out of your jackwagon.

You can't restructure contracts dude.  It's a really simple concept, but you search for that loophole and let me know what you find.

I didn't anything about restructing. There other ways to get around a salary cap. Why do you insist I started this ? Why even use the word restructure? I didn't mention it. It has become very obvious that you the bully on this messageboard. Only your opion counts. Are even a real Caps fan or just a troll.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, maacoshark said:

Free agency is going to mess this team up. Maybe somehow they restructure some existing contracts to free up some space

You didn't say what now? 

I posted the rule from the CBA after I said that I didn't think restructuring contracts was allowed and after you  the wrote the quote  above.  Then I busted your balls with the loophole between your ears bit after you made the loophole comment.

If busting balls is bullying then I guess you can call me a bully.  :rolleyes:

Just now, maacoshark said:

I stand corrected. 

That was easy!  Now let's move on.

Just now, maacoshark said:

we'll see. I still don't like you

:lol:

I have to agree with King Jackass Old Fart Hat on this one.

We (and I mean someone on these boards) had this same discussion (at length) last year.  I think it was in an attempt to find a fantasy/charity way to keep Laich and not his contract so he could have a playoff run with a team he gave his heart and soul to.  (By the way, I don't see him leading this young Toronto team through this year's playoffs)

I went and looked up the CBA (last year) and.....NO you can not restructure or alter or change a contract unless it is an extension to a contract.  That would pretty much defeat the purpose of trying to unload a contract.

Unless of course you could get a player/agent/CBA to agree to extend a current 5 year $27.5 million with two years remaining at 5.5 mill cap hit per year to add a 6th year for $1 :huh:

Not sure that would help your cap... Would it then take the 11mil two year and spread it over three years?

And would you really WANT to add Orpik for another year for $1

Toronto put up one heckuva fight. Still gotta give Trotz credit for making the adjustment with Wilson. Leafs were up 2 games to 1 and had all the momentum when he made the move. They never won another game. Taking a team that skated 4 lines all year with great success and shortening the bench paid off for him. It's the type of "in series" adjustment that sometimes must be made. The "we do what we do" mentality might've sunk us. I certainly didn't think it would work but as someone (Micksix?)pointed out you skated 4 lines all season so you could get to this spot. Now they should be fresh and ready.

Toronto I don't think had pressure on them until they were up and all of a sudden had a real chance not many had given them before. Babcock is a heckuva coach and they've got a ton of young talent and a bright future. I thought our players played within the system and with great intensity throughout but I would've liked to see them be more physical with those young players. 19-22 year olds should have to learn about the playoffs the hard way. 

As for Pittsburgh, I can't wait to see if he hits the reset button and restores the lines he used for most the year or continues with what recently has worked. I still don't think shortening the bench and skating Connolly 5 and Winnik less than 10 minutes the game is the right idea. But then again maybe it is if it means skating sitting #10 and keeping 7D. We'll see.

The other part I'm curious to see is how they match up w/ the Malkin and Kessell line. In the Toronto series they trusted Williams/Kuznetsov/Mojo to match up with Matthews, but I think the Pens #2 line might just run them over. 

18 minutes ago, Capfan55 said:

As for Pittsburgh, I can't wait to see if he hits the reset button and restores the lines he used for most the year or continues with what recently has worked. I still don't think shortening the bench and skating Connolly 5 and Winnik less than 10 minutes the game is the right idea. But then again maybe it is if it means skating sitting #10 and keeping 7D. We'll see.

The other part I'm curious to see is how they match up w/ the Malkin and Kessell line. In the Toronto series they trusted Williams/Kuznetsov/Mojo to match up with Matthews, but I think the Pens #2 line might just run them over. 

The best way is Beagle and Wilson, but it will be Suzy or Keller

but it would be nice to have Stevenson in place of Connlley right now.  He's gone from value to liability

Shattenkirk hasnt panned out  but if I still can't fault the GM for that. He saw we needed depth on Di and pulled the trigger for the best guy available. If not for number 22  we would've played the last several playoff games with Chorney

I advocated for a veteran forward at the trade deadline because we needed veteran depth there too. Vrana ain't gonna cut it. GM left us short there