Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
altajava

2017 Playoffs

139 posts in this topic

Caps only need 1 point against the Rags tonight to clinch the Presidents Trophy. While that inapon itself is irrelevant, the home ice that comes with it is very important.

Yeah baby!

2017-presidents-cup-winner.png

8 hours ago, altajava said:

I don't normally cheer any player getting injured, but I have to say that if any NHL player deserved it it would be Kris Letang or P.K. Subban the two dirtiest players in my book.  After Letang deliberately took out 3 of Viktor Stalberg's teeth last year in the 1st round and received absolutely NO suspension or fine from the league I felt he should have been removed from the NHL.  He did not even get a penalty.  I believe in karma.  This is well deserved.

I'm also hoping that Brad Marchand gets a well deserved suspension for his latest dirty work spearing the Bolt's Jake Dotchin in the nether region and then following that up immediately with a stick to his face as he lay squirming on the ice.  We don't need that dirt bag hurting one of our guys before the playoffs.  His hearing is tomorrow.  It is sickening that Sindy Crosby did as bad or worse and got nothing from the league.

I thought I heard nobody has ever been suspended games for spearing. Marchand definitely deserved those 2 games off.

I don't want the Bruins round 1. They're not a good team but they do have some capable players. Julien is a better coach than Butch Cassidy, but Butch is getting more out of his youthful players. That said I would love them in round 2. 

24 minutes ago, Capfan55 said:

I thought I heard nobody has ever been suspended games for spearing. Marchand definitely deserved those 2 games off.

I don't want the Bruins round 1. They're not a good team but they do have some capable players. Julien is a better coach than Butch Cassidy, but Butch is getting more out of his youthful players. That said I would love them in round 2. 

Well you can't have them in round two. You'll get the winner of hens v bj's in round two. So sez the NHL, so there.

Hope for the best, expect the worst, is my motto for this year.

Holy crap, I would give my right lung for us to win.........

But ......................

Yeah, I can feel everybody holding their breath there,  ^_^

Giveaways, bloody awful still.  Stupid penalties, Seems Hooks and Orlov have had a rap on the knuckles from a ruler.  Sadly Big Willy has taken up their mantle. :angry:  Our D is 100% better with Smiffy in it than Dylan, but that's not going to help when John Carlson comes back. (Please Vegas, I beg you).

It's not our talent that concerns me.  It never has been.

Since our new regime came in to effect, we've done pretty well.  Our conditioning coaches have been great.  Minimal injuries.

That's not what worries me.  We can beat every single team with the roster that we have and even take a couple of hits.  It's the purposeful targets that concern me.  The refs.  The Toronto bias.  We've been through all that before.  So many times.  Where we get players targetted.  Like Nicky last year around this time.

Teams are gonna run Holtby. We all know it.  I want a whole scrum if they do.  Clear the benches.  If you can't fight, take them down and out of the play.  Your wife will love you anyway.... probably more!

We're in playoffs, so the next couple of games don't mean much to us, but they are important to keep us healthy..  The rat is out,  (filthy little fudker) so that makes that so much easier and we have a really good record against them.

I still can't shake this nagging feeling about  HOPE for the best.

-_-

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, stealyerfaceoff said:

Well you can't have them in round two. You'll get the winner of hens v bj's in round two. So sez the NHL, so there.

You're absolutely right. I had to go read on it and it took me a while to figure it all out. Man, in a season like this one when one division is so much better than the other the flaws of this new system really show. But as a Caps fan I love it. Let Pit and CBJ cut each others throat.

The one thing that worries me about this years playoff run is that Trotz pretty much has skated these lines the same way all season. I can't believe I'm saying it because for years (two decades really) I've hated all the tinkering that goes on. But now the pendulum has swung almost entirely the other way. What happens when things go stale? How do you freshen things up when they've skated only one way for such a large portion of the season?

Say the opponent splits our opening home series after we lose a heartbreaker and then finds a way to win game 3 having the benefit of last change and throwing in a new wrinkle. Game 4 comes and the offense is stale. Now what? I haven't seen anything else that has worked. 

On 4/6/2017 at 0:14 AM, ArJunaZ said:

I don't normally cheer any player getting injured, but I have to say that if any NHL player deserved it it would be Kris Letang or P.K. Subban the two dirtiest players in my book.  After Letang deliberately took out 3 of Viktor Stalberg's teeth last year in the 1st round and received absolutely NO suspension or fine from the league I felt he should have been removed from the NHL.  He did not even get a penalty.  I believe in karma.  This is well deserved.

I'm also hoping that Brad Marchand gets a well deserved suspension for his latest dirty work spearing the Bolt's Jake Dotchin in the nether region and then following that up immediately with a stick to his face as he lay squirming on the ice.  We don't need that dirt bag hurting one of our guys before the playoffs.  His hearing is tomorrow.  It is sickening that Sindy Crosby did as bad or worse and got nothing from the league.

I agree with you 100%, but if Cindy doesn't get anything, then Marchant shouldn't . . .otherwise it just proves the leagues bias

2 people like this

Caps will play the Leafs in round 1!:D

Caps will play the Bruins in round 1! 

Booooooo Bs!!!!

Does it really  matter whether it's Toronto or Boston?  TBD.

The Toronto Maple Leafs will clinch the No. 3 seed in the Atlantic Division if they get at least one point against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

In this scenario, the resulting playoff matchups will be:

(A2) Ottawa vs. (A3) Toronto

(M1) Washington vs. (WC2) Boston

The Boston Bruins (idle) will clinch the No. 3 seed in the Atlantic Division if the Maple Leafs lose to the Blue Jackets in regulation.

In this scenario, the resulting playoff matchups will be:

(A2) Ottawa vs. (A3) Boston

(M1) Washington (WC2) Toronto

playoffs start tomorrow but because Ted scheduled a damn concert we gotta wait til Thursday 

1 hour ago, OldHat said:

Is it a crappy concert?

Chilly Peppers so I'm guessing no

Chilly Peppers so I'm guessing no

Damn, those guys are still alive?!

4 minutes ago, altajava said:

Go Blow Jobs!!!

Can't argue with that...

On 4/7/2017 at 9:57 PM, Detroit_Caps_1908 said:

I agree with you 100%, but if Cindy doesn't get anything, then Marchant shouldn't . . .otherwise it just proves the leagues bias

Has there been any doubt about that?

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, ArJunaZ said:

Has there been any doubt about that?

there has never been a doubt, but I've never seen it this blatant 

The Pens _ Jackets game is a thing of beauty..........each team is hitting everything in sight with all they'very got.    Let's hope for 7 games of this, with some OT thrown in there for good measure.