Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surreylily

Other games around the league.

204 posts in this topic

Nobody else started this for this season, so....

Any comments about games, teams, players outside of our Caps, can go here, maybe?

I know many Caps fans also check out other teams and other games.

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my part, I'm checking out the Panther's/Hens game this morning.  For the life of me, I can't get used to the Hen's looking like the Bruins! :wacko:  Penguins are black and white, right?????  This travesty just makes me hate them more. :angry:

Crybaby's back and doing pretty well so far... <_<  Reimer's having a bit of a "mare".

I started off watching this game to see about Florida's speed, but the Hens have just schooled them in the last period.  They stick to their game and their game-plan and try to make other teams adjust to them and lose their own game and game-plan.  With that and their dirty and slew-footed antics, that the refs are paid to ignore, I'm not sure who could possibly beat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Surreylily said:

For my part, I'm checking out the Panther's/Hens game this morning.  For the life of me, I can't get used to the Hen's looking like the Bruins! :wacko:  Penguins are black and white, right?????  This travesty just makes me hate them more. :angry:

Crybaby's back and doing pretty well so far... <_<  Reimer's having a bit of a "mare".

I started off watching this game to see about Florida's speed, but the Hens have just schooled them in the last period.  They stick to their game and their game-plan and try to make other teams adjust to them and lose their own game and game-plan.  With that and their dirty and slew-footed antics, that the refs are paid to ignore, I'm not sure who could possibly beat them.

Penguins colors are black and gold.  Same as the Pittsburgh Steelers (since 1933) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (since 1948).  Also, the city's official colors are black and gold.  The Penguins did have an NHL team in the 1920s, and their colors were black and gold at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stealyerfaceoff said:

Hi Lil!

Hate them, hate them, hate them. Hate      Them. And little cindy too.

Cindy.png

Looks like he is wearing the Capitals' colors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MrBeazer said:

Penguins colors are black and gold.  Same as the Pittsburgh Steelers (since 1933) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (since 1948).  Also, the city's official colors are black and gold.  The Penguins did have an NHL team in the 1920s, and their colors were black and gold at that time.

Thank you.

I only got into hockey a few years ago, so only knew the Foul since they were black and white, so no knowledge of the history.  Penguins (the birds) are traditionally black and white...so..... meh!  I didn't realise it was a local/cultural/historical thing.

One will live and learn.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2016 at 0:19 PM, MrBeazer said:

 

Anybody else watching the CBJ/Canadiens game tonight?

Montreal have not lost in regulation so far this season, but they're 4 - 0 down already.  They were 3 - 0 down after the first period and CBJ have also had one goal waved off after review! :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You gotta be kiddin' me!  7 - 0!  They haven't even pulled Montoya yet.  What's it gonna take?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 - 0 after two periods.  

What on earth is going on with Montreal?  From not having lost a game in regulation and only once going to OT, to this slaughter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is unreal, Montoya is not that bad of a goalie either.  I guess you could say the Habs are having a bad night.  Hopefully they are saving their energy for the Flyers tomorrow night.  Personally, I am watching my Golden Gophers (University of Minnesota) play North Dakota  the team formerly known as the Fighting Sioux.  Right now it is 2 to 2 in the 2nd period.  Cap prospect Shane Gersich plays for North Dakota and had an assist on their second goal.  So far very good game although Minnesota is outshooting North Dakota 19 to 7.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 4Caps said:

That is unreal, Montoya is not that bad of a goalie either.  I guess you could say the Habs are having a bad night.  Hopefully they are saving their energy for the Flyers tomorrow night.  

"bad night"?  :lol:  That's an English understatement if ever there was one!

I was surprised they didn't pull Montoya earlier, but it sort of makes sense now.  There is no way the Habs can win and they're saving Price for tomorrow.

Aaaaannndddd ....9 - 0!  Wow.  Just WOW!

What's the record for the league?

Holy crap.  Whilst waiting for this stupid site to post....   10 - 0 :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montreal's performance in this game tells me a lot about the character of that team and it is not good.  It is one thing if you don't have the talent to compete but certainly that is not the case here.  What it tells me is that they lack pride.  There is no excuse for Montreal to be losing 10 to 0 to Columbus or any other team in the NHL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 and done!

Shocking!

I wanted to watch this game to see how good the Canadiens were, 19 points out a possible 20 up till this game.  I don't think anyone was expecting what just happened!  How do you explain it?

I get that the Habs were pretty undisciplined early on and dug a hole for themselves with the penalties and CBJ's PP has been fantastic all night.  Did they just give up?  How does a team that wins 9 games out of ten in regulation, get to this?  It's mind-boggling!

Had my fingers crossed for Bobs to get the shutout, but I just feel so bad for Montoya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What effect do you think the loss of PK Subban has had on the team?  They seemed to have started pretty well without him, but this game???  I wonder how much of a rallying effect he had?

It was a bit of a shame not to have had two of the league's top goalies go head to head.  I'm sure the result would have been less extreme if Price had suited up, but you still have to score goals to have a chance to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technical question; Just moved to the Ducks/Yotes game and there was a penalty for "interference" at 12.28 time in the first period.  How was that interference and not cross-checking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  That was almost Ovi-esque by Bieksa. 

Oh FFS!  POST ALREADY!  This site is really pee-ing me off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think not having Souban had any effect.  Weber is better defensive defenseman than Souban in fact I read he was on the ice for only two goals and both were PP goals.  In other games the Jets beat the Wings 5 to 3.  I think the Jets could make the playoffs, I was impressed with them.  Laine scored his 7th goal and although we did a good job of shutting him down he definitely is a special player. To beat the Wings in Detroit in the second game of a back to back is impressive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 4Caps said:

I don't think not having Souban had any effect.  Weber is better defensive defenseman than Souban in fact I read he was on the ice for only two goals and both were PP goals.  In other games the Jets beat the Wings 5 to 3.  I think the Jets could make the playoffs, I was impressed with them.  Laine scored his 7th goal and although we did a good job of shutting him down he definitely is a special player. To beat the Wings in Detroit in the second game of a back to back is impressive.  

I agree that Weber is absolutely one of the top defensive d-men in the league.  I just wondered how much of a hole Subban left in regards to getting the team psyched up.  He is such a huge character and I can't see him lying down during that sort of performance.  You mentioned lack of pride and that's what I was referring to.  He's still a great player, but it's his influence in the locker room, or lack thereof that I'm wondering about?  Do the Habs have anybody else there now who is able to wake and shake the team up when the going gets rough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree about the Jets, by the way.  Another team to keep an eye on this year is Minny.

 

Ducks up 3 - 0 after the first....   It can't happen again... surely! ???:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being from Minnesota the Wild are my second favorite team after the Caps.  I follow them very closely and to be honest  I don't think they are going to do that well although their record right now is decent.  I like Boudreau as their coach and he will do a good job but I just don't think they have the talent to hang in there and Parise their top goal scorer is injured.  I hope I am wrong.  Hey Lil I don't know why you are still up but I am going to bed.  Goodnight, get some sleep.  Big game tomorrow night, or tonight for you, Caps v. Florida.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 4Caps said:

Being from Minnesota the Wild are my second favorite team after the Caps.  I follow them very closely and to be honest  I don't think they are going to do that well although their record right now is decent.  I like Boudreau as their coach and he will do a good job but I just don't think they have the talent to hang in there and Parise their top goal scorer is injured.  I hope I am wrong.  Hey Lil I don't know why you are still up but I am going to bed.  Goodnight, get some sleep.  Big game tomorrow night, or tonight for you, Caps v. Florida.  

Sorry, I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to post a quote to CAPSMANAGER. :rolleyes:  Ooooh!  emoticons working again.

Sigh.

:wub: Alice Cooper! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 4Caps said:

Being from Minnesota the Wild are my second favorite team after the Caps.  I follow them very closely and to be honest  I don't think they are going to do that well although their record right now is decent.  I like Boudreau as their coach and he will do a good job but I just don't think they have the talent to hang in there and Parise their top goal scorer is injured.  I hope I am wrong.  Hey Lil I don't know why you are still up but I am going to bed.  Goodnight, get some sleep.  Big game tomorrow night, or tonight for you, Caps v. Florida.  

Just picked up on something.  You don't think they have the talent to go far?  Is it a budget/investment issue?  They have some players, for sure, so is it more of a coaching deficit?  Can they not get the level of coaches and backstage people that they need, do you think?  It's not one of the best funded teams, for sure, but in spite of that, they did pretty well last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Surreylily said:

Just picked up on something.  You don't think they have the talent to go far?  Is it a budget/investment issue?  They have some players, for sure, so is it more of a coaching deficit?  Can they not get the level of coaches and backstage people that they need, do you think?  It's not one of the best funded teams, for sure, but in spite of that, they did pretty well last year.

I think there biggest problem has been there drafting.  They have had a lot of 1st round picks that have been busts or underperformed.    We will see how Boudreau does with this team but I don't think coaching has been the problem in the past.  If they have a break out year this year I will change my conclusion on that.  I do think Boudreau was a great get for them this year, I have always liked him from his time with the Caps.  I don't think funding is a problem, they are right at the cap and because of their cap situation they cannot call up players to replace injured players.  The other day they only had 14 players at practice and Boudreau expressed his frustration at the fact they had to send players down after they had been called up to play in a game so they could save on the cap.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0