Washington Capitals - Message Boards
SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Buy Now Google+ Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Tumblr Snapchat Fantasy Challenge

Photo

Grabovski

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#101 Thextus

Thextus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

You mean like Philly and their goaltending??

I say we sign Grabo to $8M x 8, then buy him out next year.
It's not about who scores or who plays defense, it's about winning. -- Tony Azevedo, Captain, US Water Polo Team

#102 ALX

ALX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis,Maryland

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Sounds like a plan..... :D

#103 Biggest

Biggest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

NBC Sports 'Pro Hockey Talk' weighs in with an article on Grabber and the Caps as a potential destination.  We'll see.

http://prohockeytalk...sign-grabovski/

#104 OldHat

OldHat

King Jackass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Meh, I wouldn't go a penny over 7.5 per.  :mellow:

Sister Luck is screaming out somebody else's name... What a shame.

If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

-Jack Handey

DHH™

raiders.gif One Nation

emoticon-object-017.gif

#105 OldHat

OldHat

King Jackass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

More from our "friend":

Grabovski Getting Close. Capitals in front. Calgary puts out feelers...

I expect more as the day goes on, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see Grabovski ink with the Caps, but not until the Caps make a trade I am told. Also the Flames are rumored to have jumped in on Grabovski...

more to come..

If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

-Jack Handey

DHH™

raiders.gif One Nation

emoticon-object-017.gif

#106 Biggest

Biggest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

Our 'bi-polar' friend who has the same name as the actor who plays Freddie Kruger?  He's now "reporting' the Caps won't be grabbing Grabovski in free agency:

It appears that Washington is OUT for Grabovski...
1.jpg Eklund
RSS • Archive • CONTACT

#107 OldHat

OldHat

King Jackass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

He also says "Ottawa, Carolina, Anaheim, and NJ remain...more to come"

So supposedly there were 3 teams in it and now that the Caps are out there are 4 teams left?  I'd say this is good news.  Eklund's report only means that the chances are better that the Caps pick him up.  :lol:

-Jack Handey

DHH™

raiders.gif One Nation

emoticon-object-017.gif

#108 SpecialGoodn3ss

SpecialGoodn3ss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationFort Bragg, North Carolina

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'd echo what was already mentioned by another member "there is probably a reason behind no one signing this guy yet." Be it that he is requesting way too much money for what he has delivered or people are generally concerned about his attitude, I'd say the best thing at this point is to consider him not coming to our team.

#109 OldHat

OldHat

King Jackass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

No.  I won't stop.  The latest from, well, you know.

Good morning. This is your daily Grabovski update brought to you by Quaker Oats....

Just talked to a source who only had a few minutes to chat, but he wanted to tell me that Grabo to Phoenix was the word on the street today. The new owners are looking to make an impact here and GM Maloney has long been looking to add pure skill up front. Tippett also has a reputation as a coach who loves project players like Grabovski as we have seen in the past when Phoenix has sort of become a bit of an "Island of Misfit Toys" comprised of players with talent which other organizations didn't know how to utilize...

We will see...I also heard rumblings the Capitals, who have been off again/on again about this, may still get back in it...

Micky has become quite the mid-August roadblock right now for a few other players still looking for employment...I apologize for being all Grabovski all the time...,the next Grabo blog will hopefully be the last!

-Jack Handey

DHH™

raiders.gif One Nation

emoticon-object-017.gif

#110 SpecialGoodn3ss

SpecialGoodn3ss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Honestly I could see Phoenix.

I could also see the only reason the Caps are mentioned is because talks with MoJo aren't going the way GMGM wants and needs to put some pressure on his camp.

Training camp is coming up fast and MoJo still hasn't signed so it makes me wonder if GMGM is attempting to get Grabo and holding out or if there are some issues with MoJo's salary expectations.

#111 OldHat

OldHat

King Jackass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

I don't think it is a Jojo vs Grabo thing.  Maybe he is waiting to see what Jojo gets paid to see if there is anything left for Grabo, but I don't see him as a replacement.

Of course Eklund is likely full of **** and there is no interest in Grabovski from GMGM.

-Jack Handey

DHH™

raiders.gif One Nation

emoticon-object-017.gif

#112 SpecialGoodn3ss

SpecialGoodn3ss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Yeah I think its more likely that there is little to no interest. The Caps and Grabo has been thrown around by csnwashington and tsn, so chance our its just a safe bet team that people will believe so might as well add them in.

#113 OldHat

OldHat

King Jackass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw Grabovski on 95 heading north from VA.  He was wearing a red shirt.  Just reporting what I saw.

-Jack Handey

DHH™

raiders.gif One Nation

emoticon-object-017.gif

#114 beachrats

beachrats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw Grabovski on 95 heading north from VA.  He was wearing a red shirt.  Just reporting what I saw.

My neighbors brother in law's cousin's boyfriend is roommates with a guy that works for Comcast and installed Grabo's cable

:blink:

We got it the first 40 times you posted the same crap.  Stop beating the dead horse already.

deadhorse.gif

#115 BackstromsOV8ion

BackstromsOV8ion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Dont be playing with my emotions here OldHat. Lol. Im one of the ones who would love to see Grabo in Washington Red.

#116 OldHat

OldHat

King Jackass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

My neighbors brother in law's cousin's boyfriend is roommates with a guy that works for Comcast and installed Grabo's cable

:blink:

Does he live in Phoenix?

-Jack Handey

DHH™

raiders.gif One Nation

emoticon-object-017.gif

#117 OldHat

OldHat

King Jackass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

Dont be playing with my emotions here OldHat. Lol. Im one of the ones who would love to see Grabo in Washington Red.

I would too.

Like I said, just reporting what I thought I saw.  Hard to tell if it was 'Washington' or 'Phoenix' red.  It did look like he was moving his head to what may have been Russian techno.

-Jack Handey

DHH™

raiders.gif One Nation

emoticon-object-017.gif

#118 ancientsoxfogey

ancientsoxfogey

Older Than Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationDC area

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

I would too.

Like I said, just reporting what I thought I saw.  Hard to tell if it was 'Washington' or 'Phoenix' red.  It did look like he was moving his head to what may have been Russian techno.

Instigator!   :D

Keep your eyes on the road when driving on 95.  Especially if you're driving 95. 

#119 beachrats

beachrats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Does he live in Phoenix?

Hurricane Red   Charlotte    hahaha  heads exploding everywhere  

We got it the first 40 times you posted the same crap.  Stop beating the dead horse already.

deadhorse.gif

#120 zerofox

zerofox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

I would be pretty happy if we could land Grabo. Obviously I don't think he's the answer to all our problems, but I think if the price is right, we're better off signing him than not signing him.

On paper he doesn't look any more productive than Laich, and if I had to guess, I'd say Grabo isn't the type of two way player Laich is, but at least bringing him in would add another solid piece that could perform in the top 6 (assuming no attitude issues and assuming he can produce 50+ points and 20+ goals).

I'd feel pretty comfortable with Grabovski centering Laich and Brouwer for the time being, and Erat playing on the top line with Ovie/Nicky. Hopefully when EK comes over he can make an impact as a 2nd line player and either take center while shifting Grabo to wing and Laich to 3C, or take 2L with Grabo in the middle with Laich still going to 3C.

Still wish we could have grabbed Vinny though :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users