Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google
Single Game Tickets

Photo

Change in Policy for Club Seats

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 PETERKMD

PETERKMD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

Just received my renewal form for next years Club Seats, final year of a 3 year contract. After inquiring why my prices are higher than those posted on website ( "you signed a contract"), was informed of an interesting change in policy. Acela Club access and ability to purchase same seats for concerts and other events will no longer be available to season ticket owners of Club seats. Anyone else heard of this?

The Caps expect fan loyalty. Too bad it's a one way street.

Sadly, not surprising.

#2 FireRunner

FireRunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

Just received my renewal form for next years Club Seats, final year of a 3 year contract. After inquiring why my prices are higher than those posted on website ( "you signed a contract"), was informed of an interesting change in policy. Acela Club access and ability to purchase same seats for concerts and other events will no longer be available to season ticket owners of Club seats. Anyone else heard of this?

The Caps expect fan loyalty. Too bad it's a one way street.

Sadly, not surprising.

Not sure what contract you signed, but I've had club seats for years and have never signed more than a one year contract. Also, I signed my renewal contract over two months ago.

Unleashing the Fury at every Caps home game - STH Section 105
CapitalsPostgame.com

#3 PETERKMD

PETERKMD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

Not sure what contract you signed, but I've had club seats for years and have never signed more than a one year contract. Also, I signed my renewal contract over two months ago.

And did you know that you now will have to purchase a separate "membership" to enter the Acela Club?

#4 SDurbano

SDurbano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

And did you know that you now will have to purchase a separate "membership" to enter the Acela Club?

Look, Leonsis is really no different than Snyder in one respect. He'll screw the fans when he thinks he has the market power to do so, i.e., if he thinks there is someone else to take your place if you give up your tickets. Leonsis was perceived as so fan friendly when he had no such market power.

#5 FireRunner

FireRunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

I hate to tell you this but I have full access to the entire second floor. I don't know who your rep is, but what you describe is nothing like what I have. I simply renew my seats each year without problems and I have access to the Acela Club (not that I care because I never stay in there, I watch the game not chit chat or smoke).

I renewed my seats two months ago and I have the same access as before. Don't know what your situation is, but I'd ask your rep what's up because all the STH I know (four) all renewed two months ago along with me. I have no clue how you're just renewing now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're lying or anything. But, I've never heard of anyone renewing in June. And, I haven't heard a word from any of my Cap friends/STH about having a change in their contract. Of course, the difference is we never had a "three year contract". So, I don't know what agreement you went with three years ago...did you buy through a corporate account?

CapitalsPostgame.com

#6 PETERKMD

PETERKMD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

I hate to tell you this but I have full access to the entire second floor. I don't know who your rep is, but what you describe is nothing like what I have. I simply renew my seats each year without problems and I have access to the Acela Club (not that I care because I never stay in there, I watch the game not chit chat or smoke).

I renewed my seats two months ago and I have the same access as before. Don't know what your situation is, but I'd ask your rep what's up because all the STH I know (four) all renewed two months ago along with me. I have no clue how you're just renewing now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're lying or anything. But, I've never heard of anyone renewing in June. And, I haven't heard a word from any of my Cap friends/STH about having a change in their contract. Of course, the difference is we never had a "three year contract". So, I don't know what agreement you went with three years ago...did you buy through a corporate account?

NO, I had a 2 year contract, and added a third year midway through this season. The 2011-2012 season will be the last where Acela Club access is included for Club seat owners. After that, a separate membership will be required to enter. And no more access to your seats for concerts. And first time Club seat season ticket holders for the 2011-2012 season will not get Acela Club access.

Confirmed by Caps representative

#7 FireRunner

FireRunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

NO, I had a 2 year contract, and added a third year midway through this season. The 2011-2012 season will be the last where Acela Club access is included for Club seat owners. After that, a separate membership will be required to enter. And no more access to your seats for concerts. And first time Club seat season ticket holders for the 2011-2012 season will not get Acela Club access.

Confirmed by Caps representative

When you say "access" do you mean not being able to walk through at all? Or, do you mean eating in there? I'm not a big Acela Club "goer" but they do allow you to walk through to get to your seat. Are they going to force you to walk around below the club to walk through?

CapitalsPostgame.com

#8 fugginaye

fugginaye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSpringfield

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

Maybe if he inspired the team as a leader and a man rather than a money and power hungry owner he could have inspired the kids on his team to get further in the playoffs hence additional revenue? That way he wouldn't have to screw over the fans which he has been proving very capable and willing to do as of late?

Those cheers you hear from the stands when they show your fat face on the jumbo tron may turn to jeers very quickly...

#9 PETERKMD

PETERKMD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

When you say "access" do you mean not being able to walk through at all? Or, do you mean eating in there? I'm not a big Acela Club "goer" but they do allow you to walk through to get to your seat. Are they going to force you to walk around below the club to walk through?

No walk through without "membership".

#10 FireRunner

FireRunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

No walk through without "membership".

Huh,

That's interesting. It doesn't effect me cause I just walk through and you can always walk around the club which is only 6 second longer. But, I think the reason they did this is because I know people were stealing food from the buffet. My friend has seats in the club and it gets really packed which I'm sure they want to avoid (including stealing food).

Part of this is probably due to how they built seats inside the club, so they want it to be "exclusive". If anyone can walk through it's less "exclusive". This will force people who want to drink at the bar to go to Dwellers or something.

CapitalsPostgame.com

#11 HCapsFan

HCapsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

We are losing every perk club level members had.

Access to the Acela Club
Right of First Refusal to All Events at the Verizon Center
Game Notes and Programs

Their reasoning was people in the LL pay more then Club Level and they don't get these items, but now Club Level folks get all the same perks as all the other season ticket holders.

Pretty crappy if you ask me.

#12 SDurbano

SDurbano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Access to the Acela Club
Game Notes and Programs

Their reasoning was people in the LL pay more then Club Level and they don't get these items, but now Club Level folks get all the same perks as all the other season ticket holders.

Question: is the Acela Club any good? Food-wise? As a place to hang out, whatever? Just wondering. Never been there.

#13 gtrman12

gtrman12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,021 posts
  • Location.Always 13.8 billion lights years from every direction

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

The price hikes and loss of amenities at the Acela Club level continue to support my good decision not to renew my 4 season tickets. Screw them all.

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

--Peter Drucker

#14 FireRunner

FireRunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

Question: is the Acela Club any good? Food-wise? As a place to hang out, whatever? Just wondering. Never been there.

The food is an all-you-can-eat buffet. It costs $49 bucks for about 50 different dishes including hot and cold stuff. It's not bad if you're hungry cause you can get a good 3-5 plates in. They cook everything in the back and bring out hot chicken, roast beef, and turkey usually every night. They toss in pork, fish, etc too. I don't hang out in there, it's a bit crowded. But, I do know there's a balcony where smokers go.

The food is nice, but that's all the club is good for in my opinion.

CapitalsPostgame.com

#15 Knuble22

Knuble22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Access to the Acela Club
Game Notes and Programs

Think about it - you signed your three year contract with Abe Pollin and not Ted Leonsis since Ted just bought the building a year ago. There are about 18 different derivatives for contract signings up there - some for hockey exclusive, some for basketball exclusive, some for everything exclusive, etc at different cost structures... so, it just sounds like they want to streamline things per event and not sell packages. As for the Acela Club, I'm not sure what the big deal is. Someone mentioned that there is now pretty expensive seating in there (which there is) and idiots stealing food. And everytime I am in there it smells like smoke back by the hen's den and it's slammed... they would do better to weed out a lot of those folks and make it more exclusive. As it is now, I try to avoid that place.

Go to the Dewars Club. Same thing as the Acela and there is a bathroom in there.

#16 Rich-L

Rich-L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • LocationNoVA/DC

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

In my opinion, the Club Level @ Verizon offers little in terms of amenities in comparison to Club sections in other sports facilities (think lower level @ Nats Park or FedEx as comparison). The bathroom waits are as long or longer. The food and drink (other than the AC)is essentially as crappy as the lower or upper level (and the waits can be atrocious!!!), there is nowhere to sit before the game or during intermission (I know there are few benches and bistro tables). And the service is still VC service. The only benefit is the good views, and a bit more room, which may be worth it for some.

I expect that in the future, there will be changes in the design and operation of the club level. My prediction is the elimination of the Club Level as we know it. People will pay for the Acela Club access, and I would imagine that they will put new seats in the 200-level, without the extra space, and we will seat another 1000 in there... 19,398

$$$ !!!BINGO!!!! $$$