Washington Capitals - Message Boards
SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Buy Now Watch CRL Single Game Tickets Open House

Photo

standing room only tickets..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 drewtang50

drewtang50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

Has anyone purchased these before? I got one for Fridays game and I'm wondering what to expect. Thanks.

#2 Mickstix

Mickstix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

Interesting.. Wonder if it's an actual general admission area, where you stand and watch, or if they just issue you a ticket to a single seat that hasnt been sold? Either way ya might end up with great seats! I dont know how Verizon works, but about the only "GM" seating I've seen have been along the club level, which is good.. And if it's a single ticket I guess you could either get lucky or not.. Althought even the nosebleeds are probably decent at Verizon.. I've heard some people say they prefer the upper levels?? Good luck and fill us in on what ya got!!

34ywrxy.jpg

#3 drewtang50

drewtang50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

I found this which seems to be pretty nice ($40 ticket for Fridays game). We shall see...

http://voices.washin...ing-room-o.html

#4 Rich-L

Rich-L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • LocationNoVA/DC

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

SRO seats are excellent. $40 for that view is fantastic price. I typically sit two rows in front of those in 106, and love the view of the rink. You'll have a little painted off square that is yours to stand/leap/dance in. Lots of room really between the last row of the 100s and SRO seats... Enjoy! I won't be there this Friday (at least not in my usual seats).

#5 NickkiBee

NickkiBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

My friends had them for a game and they liked them. There is a place where you stand to sit your beer which is very important.

#6 BmorBirds

BmorBirds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

Damn, I'm going to look into getting one the next time I go. I like standing during the game and I'm sure the view beats the 400's and its cheaper to. Let us know how it was after your game.

#7 drewtang50

drewtang50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

These "seats" were fantastic! Kind of mad I let this cat out of the bag for those who didnt know. Great game! LETS GO CAPS

#8 Mickstix

Mickstix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

Was just reading this thread again, thinkin you were treated to a nice come from behind win! Glad ya had a good time!! Who got the 3 stars?

34ywrxy.jpg

#9 drewtang50

drewtang50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

id have to say ovi, hendricks and holtby..great time. ill take standing over those tiny verizon seats any day of the week.

#10 WMEC618

WMEC618

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

Was just reading this thread again, thinkin you were treated to a nice come from behind win! Glad ya had a good time!! Who got the 3 stars?

Hendricks 1st Star, Holtby 2nd Star, and Ward 3rd Star

#11 Rich-L

Rich-L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • LocationNoVA/DC

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

How do you find the SRO seats? SOmetimes I want a single and would easily pay that price for that view (I pay a lot more for a seat that is essentially the same view anyway!).

#12 drewtang50

drewtang50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

I received an email from the Capitals saying they were available - 1st I had heard of these. I just called up the box office and that was it. They need to be picked up at will call. Well worth the price.

Standing Room Only Tickets Now Available for Select Games

A limited number of standing room only tickets are being made available in order to accomodate increased demand for exciting Caps hockey. Standing room only tickets are located in the lower level loge section of Verizon Center.

Please see below for the available games and pricing:

Friday, March 11 vs. the Carolina Hurricanes for $40 per ticket.
Sunday, March 13 vs. the Chicago Blackhawks for $75 per ticket.
Tuesday, March 29 vs. the Carolina Hurricanes for $40 per ticket.
Wednesday, April 6 vs. the Florida Panthers for $40 per ticket.
Standing room only tickets can only be purchased by calling us at 202-266-CAPS (2277), emailing us at ticketsales@washcaps.com or by clicking here to chat with a live Caps representative. These tickets will sell out fast, so call, email or chat with a Caps representative today!

#13 BmorBirds

BmorBirds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

Anyone possibly interested in splitting a ticket with me for the game next Friday(4/15) which is Game 2. I'm currently on the list to get 2 when they are made available. I would get a single but I was informed they are only selling them in pairs. I would love to take my mom but I don't think she could stand for a whole game. I would sell it for the same price they charge me.

#14 Rich-L

Rich-L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • LocationNoVA/DC

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

Anyone possibly interested in splitting a ticket with me for the game next Friday(4/15) which is Game 2. I'm currently on the list to get 2 when they are made available. I would get a single but I was informed they are only selling them in pairs. I would love to take my mom but I don't think she could stand for a whole game. I would sell it for the same price they charge me.

I might be, what are they charging?

#15 BmorBirds

BmorBirds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

I might be, what are they charging?

I was told $100 and probably $5 for the convenience fees or whatever the fees are they charge. So I'd settle for $105.

#16 Ronwhtwrth

Ronwhtwrth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Is Game 2 definitely Friday night? I haven't seen anything official...couldn't it possibly be Thursday Game 1 and Saturday/Sunday Game 2?

#17 BmorBirds

BmorBirds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

I saw a schedule somewhere showing Wed as game 1 and Fri as game 2. I also asked the guy at the ticket office and he believes it's the same. Don't quote me on that yet though. Obviously I'll update it if anything changes.