Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google
Single Game Tickets

Photo

Now that Channelsurfing.net and atdhe.net are blocked

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#21 Allsmokenopancake

Allsmokenopancake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,361 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

They get billions from TV and broadcasting deals. Its not even an issue for me. I get Comcast Sportsnet and Versus and Fios1 so I dont even worry about using those illegal streams. I only use it once in a while if I don't feel like going downstairs (cable box isnt working in my room). But its not the end of the world like some of the people on here are making it out to be. Also its not theft to watch, its theft for the person streaming it.

Versus deal is less than $90 million per season, so about $3 million per team. This is not the NFL. Billions is way overstating it.

Do you think your "its not theft to watch, its theft for the person streaming it" would work if you were caught receiving stolen goods from a store? "Oh, I didn't steal them, I only took them off the guy who did, I knew it was stolen, but that's not illegal right"

Leagues build in fixes to theft into their ticket sales, merchandising etc. It may not seem like theft to you because I'll just assume you don't know better, but it's theft, and it's costing everyone else more, even if they don't notice it

#22 Pugilistic

Pugilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

be careful posting links on here, i got a pm from the manager once after a posted a link to an unlicensed jersey dealer. the FCC arent the only ones against free speech.

'an unlicensed jersey dealer' You mean a Chinese knock off, that you posted a link to. Let's see, they don't pay anyone for the right to manufacture the jerseys. They don't make them in a quality that is representative of the NHL, and they support child labor, totalitarianism and are generally reprehensible.

I'm surprised all you got was a PM from these boards; I would have banninated you. I'm surprised Ted didn't personally revoke your season tickets if you have them.
A loss is somehow tolerable when hard work just wasn't enough.

#23 CapfanPDX

CapfanPDX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts
  • Locationtoo damn far away to be a STH

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

Yeah I like the interweb, but there is soooo much copyright infringement, fraud, theft, and other nefarious dealings that it makes backroom dealings of old look like prayer meetings.

I don't care how friggin much the NHL makes, don't steal their stuff. They have spent billions of dollars creating and marketing a product since inception and deserve every fikin penny of their licensing deals.

F @#$#@ the forgers and thieves who rip that stuff off.

I STILL hate Oates.................

#24 Carlson74

Carlson74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

'an unlicensed jersey dealer' You mean a Chinese knock off, that you posted a link to. Let's see, they don't pay anyone for the right to manufacture the jerseys. They don't make them in a quality that is representative of the NHL, and they support child labor, totalitarianism and are generally reprehensible.

I'm surprised all you got was a PM from these boards; I would have banninated you. I'm surprised Ted didn't personally revoke your season tickets if you have them.

Lmfao...revoke season tickets over what? A link.

I have never seen so many White Knights for the profiteering and greed of Major League Sports.

As if sports/players werent already being overpaid as it is, you people actually are okay with the prices. I don't think any person should have to go deep into their savings account to attend a hockey or football game.
Posted Image

#25 CapfanPDX

CapfanPDX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

I don't think any person should have to go deep into their savings account to attend a hockey or football game.

They don't have to? Its called choice. Stop defending thieves.

#26 Carlson74

Carlson74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

They don't have to? Its called choice. Stop defending thieves.

Lol yeah cause im sure a thief who steals from a store is on the same level as someone who watches a hockey game on the internet.

While were at it, lets arrest everyone who ever downloaded music and didnt pay! THEY DESERVE TO BE PUT in Jail forever!
Posted Image

#27 OvechkinFan92801

OvechkinFan92801

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

Yes but I was hoping to get a quicker response from here instead of going thru many options over the phone but I didnt expect an answer from a dumb jackwagon like yourself.

Too lazy to make a phone call and compelled to insult because of it? Charming.

Now I remember why I always feel the need to bathe after visiting here.

#28 CapfanPDX

CapfanPDX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

While were at it, lets arrest everyone who ever downloaded music and didnt pay! THEY DESERVE TO BE PUT in Jail forever!

That's a good start!

#29 Carlson74

Carlson74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

That's a good start!

All I am getting from this thread is people who are angry and stupid enough to buy NHL Center Ice getting all whiny over those who choose to watch it online for free.
Posted Image

#30 CapfanPDX

CapfanPDX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

All I am getting from this thread is people who are angry and stupid enough to buy NHL Center Ice getting all whiny over those who choose to watch it online for free.

idiot

#31 Surreylily

Surreylily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • LocationSurrey, England

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:58 AM

Not all links are illegal.
I pay for cable and I would be happy to pay/subscribe to a channel to watch caps games.

Unless a game is on ESPN/America, it is "not available in your area".

I'm in England and all the sites I try come up with this same thing.
Astounding in this age of modern technology.
Apparantly I can watch live chess games in Uzbakistan, just not hockey in America or Canada........

#32 Surreylily

Surreylily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:08 AM

If anyone can come up with a HELPFUL solution to my problem, I would be very happy to hear it.

Center Ice, "not available in your area".
Yahoo Sports (I have a Yahoo account) "not available in your area".
ATDHE just bounces me around the site.
P2P does the same.
Most bizarrely, ESPN360 comes up with a strong security warning and "strongly advise you not to proceed".

For the record, I have never downloaded music illegally. I am a musician.

Being rude and insulting doesn't help solve my problem, so if that's all you've got, please don't bother.
I'm after a genuine solution.

Thank you.

#33 Mickstix

Mickstix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

If anyone can come up with a HELPFUL solution to my problem, I would be very happy to hear it.
ATDHE just bounces me around the site.
P2P does the same.
Thank you.

Surreylily, check your PM's.. I sent you a link (and instructions) that should fix ya up! ;)

34ywrxy.jpg

#34 PuckinNutz

PuckinNutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationFrederick County, MD

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:32 AM

Remove the .net and replace with .eu

#35 Surreylily

Surreylily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:29 AM

Thanks guys.
Got your link Mick. :D

#36 zephead

zephead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

You can also watch it here:

My link

#37 Surreylily

Surreylily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

You guys are awesome. B)

#38 Allsmokenopancake

Allsmokenopancake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,361 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

Lol yeah cause im sure a thief who steals from a store is on the same level as someone who watches a hockey game on the internet.

I'm going to guess you are a kid with no fucking clue about what you are talking about

People who circumvent copyright licensing mean the fans who pay for it end up paying more.

Are you that fcuking dumb that you don't realize this? That the costs of theft, copyright and infringement are passed on to the legal consumers of the product. That's why the actions are illegal, because it costs the rest of us.

#39 Surreylily

Surreylily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

So, Allsmoke, you have a positive solution to my problem then?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all against piracy - as you would know if you read the rest of this thread.
So how are you going to help me?
I've told you I'm willing to pay....
Are you all smoke and no fire?

#40 Allsmokenopancake

Allsmokenopancake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,361 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

So, Allsmoke, you have a positive solution to my problem then?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all against piracy - as you would know if you read the rest of this thread.
So how are you going to help me?
I've told you I'm willing to pay....
Are you all smoke and no fire?

As I said at the start of this thread, I don't care one way or another, and if you can't get it through regular means, go for it.

It's the stance that it's Ok regardless because the league/athletes make enough money is just laughable