Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyken

Now that Channelsurfing.net and atdhe.net are blocked

43 posts in this topic

does anyone know if the Caps games are available on the net for people out of town? Thanks for any help.

1 person likes this

I watched the game last night on atdhe. It was working just fine for me.

I got a plan to solve some of the debt with this country...disband the most worthless government agency known to man. The FCC! :lol:

Question. I'm thinking of switching from comcast to verizon fios, does any one know wether fios carries the comcast channel? Thanks.

Question. I'm thinking of switching from comcast to verizon fios, does any one know wether fios carries the comcast channel? Thanks.

Yes they carry comcast sportsnet.

I watched the game last night on atdhe. It was working just fine for me.

I got a plan to solve some of the debt with this country...disband the most worthless government agency known to man. The FCC! :lol:

I would bet there is stiff competition for that distinction--most worthless agency.

Did you consider whether maybe you ought to check with Fios?

Yes but I was hoping to get a quicker response from here instead of going thru many options over the phone but I didnt expect an answer from a dumb jackwagon like yourself.

Fios in NOVA (HD)

576 - Comcast Sportsnet

587 - NHL network

590 - Versus

501 - Comcast + (says it's HD, but it's not)

I have the FIOS extreme HD package, it's the middle one. The lower one you still get the comcast networks in hD, but versus is SD only and no NHL network at all

be careful posting links on here, i got a pm from the manager once after a posted a link to an unlicensed jersey dealer. the FCC arent the only ones against free speech.

1 person likes this

It's not free speech you dirtbags, it's theft.

Glad to see the mods are such worthless tools that the person standing up for what is LEGAL gets their post removed but the ones wanting to steal copyrighted material stick around.

Trash mods I guess.

Not all links are illegal.

I pay for cable and I would be happy to pay/subscribe to a channel to watch caps games.

Unless a game is on ESPN/America, it is "not available in your area".

I'm in England and all the sites I try come up with this same thing.

Astounding in this age of modern technology.

Apparantly I can watch live chess games in Uzbakistan, just not hockey in America or Canada........

In anne arundel county the 576 channel usually carrys Caps HD. More often than not it is either blocked or the feed is at such a low level that the picture is too choppy to watch. I have to go to 76 non HD that's how bad it is. Be careful switching to Verison FIOS. Last year it was perfect.

I switched from Comcast to Fios a couple of years ago and am much happier with Fios overall. But the one drawback is when the Caps games are on the second Comcast SportsNet feed (only on select nights when the Caps are playing at the same time as the Wizards), Fios for some inexplicable reason does not air the games in HD. They will show them at least, on Channel 501 which is an HD tier channel, but the games are in standard definition and are pretty difficult to watch when you have been spoiled with great HD feeds for all of the other games. The Nats/Orioles issue with MASN/MASN2 has now been sorted out (all games are in HD), and I'm hoping that this will be taken care of by next season.

It's not free speech you dirtbags, it's theft.

Glad to see the mods are such worthless tools that the person standing up for what is LEGAL gets their post removed but the ones wanting to steal copyrighted material stick around.

Trash mods I guess.

This is the first think I have agreed with HIFI on!!!!!!! woot!!!!!!!!!!

(I mean about the theft, not the mods, I like them)

Lol theft. Yeah because I am sure the NHL is losing sooo much money because a few people want to watch their favorite team play hockey. Grow up and stop whining about what others do. If you don't like it, don't participate in such a evil and unthinkable act as watching hockey off of the internet. Jesus you think you could unclench your rear just a little there tightwad?

Lol theft. Yeah because I am sure the NHL is losing sooo much money because a few people want to watch their favorite team play hockey. Grow up and stop whining about what others do. If you don't like it, don't participate in such a evil and unthinkable act as watching hockey off of the internet. Jesus you think you could unclench your rear just a little there tightwad?

It's an illegal broadcast for which the NHL earns no revenue. I don't have any problem with people watching it, but it is theft

It's an illegal broadcast for which the NHL earns no revenue. I don't have any problem with people watching it, but it is theft

They get billions from TV and broadcasting deals. Its not even an issue for me. I get Comcast Sportsnet and Versus and Fios1 so I dont even worry about using those illegal streams. I only use it once in a while if I don't feel like going downstairs (cable box isnt working in my room). But its not the end of the world like some of the people on here are making it out to be. Also its not theft to watch, its theft for the person streaming it.

They get billions from TV and broadcasting deals. Its not even an issue for me. I get Comcast Sportsnet and Versus and Fios1 so I dont even worry about using those illegal streams. I only use it once in a while if I don't feel like going downstairs (cable box isnt working in my room). But its not the end of the world like some of the people on here are making it out to be. Also its not theft to watch, its theft for the person streaming it.

Versus deal is less than $90 million per season, so about $3 million per team. This is not the NFL. Billions is way overstating it.

Do you think your "its not theft to watch, its theft for the person streaming it" would work if you were caught receiving stolen goods from a store? "Oh, I didn't steal them, I only took them off the guy who did, I knew it was stolen, but that's not illegal right"

Leagues build in fixes to theft into their ticket sales, merchandising etc. It may not seem like theft to you because I'll just assume you don't know better, but it's theft, and it's costing everyone else more, even if they don't notice it

be careful posting links on here, i got a pm from the manager once after a posted a link to an unlicensed jersey dealer. the FCC arent the only ones against free speech.

'an unlicensed jersey dealer' You mean a Chinese knock off, that you posted a link to. Let's see, they don't pay anyone for the right to manufacture the jerseys. They don't make them in a quality that is representative of the NHL, and they support child labor, totalitarianism and are generally reprehensible.

I'm surprised all you got was a PM from these boards; I would have banninated you. I'm surprised Ted didn't personally revoke your season tickets if you have them.

Yeah I like the interweb, but there is soooo much copyright infringement, fraud, theft, and other nefarious dealings that it makes backroom dealings of old look like prayer meetings.

I don't care how friggin much the NHL makes, don't steal their stuff. They have spent billions of dollars creating and marketing a product since inception and deserve every fikin penny of their licensing deals.

F @#$#@ the forgers and thieves who rip that stuff off.

'an unlicensed jersey dealer' You mean a Chinese knock off, that you posted a link to. Let's see, they don't pay anyone for the right to manufacture the jerseys. They don't make them in a quality that is representative of the NHL, and they support child labor, totalitarianism and are generally reprehensible.

I'm surprised all you got was a PM from these boards; I would have banninated you. I'm surprised Ted didn't personally revoke your season tickets if you have them.

Lmfao...revoke season tickets over what? A link.

I have never seen so many White Knights for the profiteering and greed of Major League Sports.

As if sports/players werent already being overpaid as it is, you people actually are okay with the prices. I don't think any person should have to go deep into their savings account to attend a hockey or football game.

I don't think any person should have to go deep into their savings account to attend a hockey or football game.

They don't have to? Its called choice. Stop defending thieves.