Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blue-juice

ACELA Club question

68 posts in this topic

The tables right on the edge are only for the buffet/waiter service, which is absurdly over-priced. You can get food (and drinks, obviously) at the bar from the bartenders, and take it to the stand up ledges still overlooking the ice, or sit at the bar. Comparable to other prices in the arena. Bar food, pizza, etc. Not really upscale, despite their desire to make it look so. Not sure what to expect for crowds this year. Definitely more drinking than eating at the bar. A few regulars. You can get reservations, but I believe that is only for the buffet/waiter tables.

The food at the buffet is both overpriced and not really all that good, IMO. Some of the concession stands on the club level were decent the last time I sat up there; I recall there being a seafood stand that was pretty good (and quite popular as it was a Friday during Lent the last time I sat up there).

yea..no we don't want to spend $34 for the table (extra) but don't feel like dealing with GB on that busy of a night...service svcks there...maybe a burger and a couple of cold ones

thanks

Have a question about ACELA Club tickets....

I'm really confused by the whole either sit at the bar or pay extra for a table thing.

If you have a ticket for the ACELA Club, and you have an actual seat number, you have a reserved seat right? Its basically just like having a ticket any where else, your just in the "ACELA Club" section. Right??

the buffet food is over priced.

the bar food is ok - i ordered a burger once and it was half frozen. since then it has been at par.

but the food venders on the floor is where its at - the popcorn shrimp, bbq, etc is very good. i used to get there early and have a beer or a g&t while watching warmups.

we never really had a problem reserving a spot - but that was last season.

Have a question about ACELA Club tickets....

I'm really confused by the whole either sit at the bar or pay extra for a table thing.

If you have a ticket for the ACELA Club, and you have an actual seat number, you have a reserved seat right? Its basically just like having a ticket any where else, your just in the "ACELA Club" section. Right??

There are two different, but similarly named, concepts here. The entire club level is called the Acela Club Level, and yes, you have a specific seat there as noted on your ticket, just like anywhere else in the arena. But there is also the actual Acela Club, which is the bar/restuarant located there. If you have Acela Club access (which does not automatically come with club level tickets) you can only sit at the front tables if you buy the lousy, expensive buffet. If you just want to drink or eat bar food you can sit anywhere else, and neither of those options affects your actual seat in the club level.

There are two different, but similarly named, concepts here. The entire club level is called the Acela Club Level, and yes, you have a specific seat there as noted on your ticket, just like anywhere else in the arena. But there is also the actual Acela Club, which is the bar/restuarant located there. If you have Acela Club access (which does not automatically come with club level tickets) you can only sit at the front tables if you buy the lousy, expensive buffet. If you just want to drink or eat bar food you can sit anywhere else, and neither of those options affects your actual seat in the club level.

Thank you so much for explaining that. :)

Thank you so much for explaining that. :)

Actually you don't have to order the buffet but off the dinner "menu" although they will allow 1/2 the seated patrons to order bar food and the other 1/2 to order dinnder items.

You can also get the more exp. menu at the bar/lounge.

The ACELA club comes with season tickets, so if you buy single games/ticketmaster your ticket will not have the ACELA club logo on it, and therefore no entry

What used to be/or still is the Johnny Walker Club in the basement is ok. Have gone down there a few times in the basement. They have a little appetizer platter, chips, dips, trays, etc. for free and big screens with leather couches. There is an express elevator from the press box, so you can see Joe B., Bennanati, players wives/gfs, etc. Some of the acela club season tickets gain you entry for that. I believe it is only for full season packages through WSE. So you would have to buy tickets to every single event for the year (Caps, Wiz, Hoyas, Mystics, Concerts, etc.).

The ACELA club comes with season tickets, so if you buy single games/ticketmaster your ticket will not have the ACELA club logo on it, and therefore no entry

My dad got the tickets through his job and the company he works for has season tickets in the ACELA Club section. I've personally never sat there, so wasn't sure if it was like a reserved seat or you had to go and sit at a bar/table to watch the game. I probably won't go to the whole bar/buffet area since the reviews haven't been so great. Kinda just interested in the game anyway. Thanks for clearing everything up though.

My dad got the tickets through his job and the company he works for has season tickets in the ACELA Club section. I've personally never sat there, so wasn't sure if it was like a reserved seat or you had to go and sit at a bar/table to watch the game. I probably won't go to the whole bar/buffet area since the reviews haven't been so great. Kinda just interested in the game anyway. Thanks for clearing everything up though.

Well I think the food is on level with the rest of the building...my understanding is, like the rest of the club level, lines are shorter and service is quicker.

JS - they have now opened up the ACELA membership to those that have just CAPS (started last March) the parking and suites is where "full" package has its benefits

Well I think the food is on level with the rest of the building...my understanding is, like the rest of the club level, lines are shorter and service is quicker.

JS - they have now opened up the ACELA membership to those that have just CAPS (started last March) the parking and suites is where "full" package has its benefits

I never saw the benefits of ACELA, but there were benefits of the Johnny Walker Club in the basement.

http://www.verizoncenter.com/about/''>http://www.verizoncenter.com/about/' target="_blank">http://www.verizoncenter.com/about/[/post]

I never saw the benefits of ACELA, but there were benefits of the Johnny Walker Club in the basement.

http://www.verizoncenter.com/about/

ahhh they don't list the "Gold VIP" just the difference between the seat levels...sure that cost extra even above the standard team package

Don't talk about ACELA Club

that is the first rule,

Beautiful FC reference. Tyler Durden would be proud....if he existed.

I've only been up there twice myself - once in 2002 as part of a randomly selected group of Caps STH for Meet the Coach Night, and five years later for a Mystics press conference announcing the 2007 WNBA All-Star Game (all Mystics STH were invited).

Terrific view from there, but far better beer opportunities are to be found in the 400's.

I've only been up there twice myself - once in 2002 as part of a randomly selected group of Caps STH for Meet the Coach Night, and five years later for a Mystics press conference announcing the 2007 WNBA All-Star Game (all Mystics STH were invited).

Terrific view from there, but far better beer opportunities are to be found in the 400's.

ahhh they have Red Hook there, so I'm good, and my tickets are cheaper than anything on the lower level, and the same as upper level middle...so snob..OK I'll take that ;)

ahhh they have Red Hook there, so I'm good, and my tickets are cheaper than anything on the lower level, and the same as upper level middle...so snob..OK I'll take that ;)

They also run most of the Red Hook lines at Capital Pub Express in the northwest corridor of the 400's, so no advantage there.

In my case the point is academic anyway since none of my Phone-Booth-based STH plans carries entree into the Acela Club (apart from a few once-a-month specials included with my Wizards plan)...and given that both of the above times noted in my previous post when I was up there turned out badly ('Meet the Coach Night' was of course for Cassidy; the Mystics player featured at the All-Star Game press conference was Nikki Teasley, with whom the club's relations soured so badly in the following season that she was released) it's probably best I stay away from there permanently - I seem to bring bad luck.

My wife enjoys our occassional Acela Club games because the bathroom lines are so small. I like attending games in the club level because the Caps Ice Girls fan you with large palm fans, feed you grapes during the game, and serve you unlimited wine and beer as you lounge in a soft leather reclining loveseat. It's worth the few extra bucks from time to time.

My wife enjoys our occassional Acela Club games because the bathroom lines are so small. I like attending games in the club level because the Caps Ice Girls fan you with large palm fans, feed you grapes during the game, and serve you unlimited wine and beer as you lounge in a soft leather reclining loveseat. It's worth the few extra bucks from time to time.

I've been up there maybe 30 times....and all the lines are way shorter...many a time I could go out, hit the BR and get a beer and be back for a TV time out. Although with some tickets at $49, I have a feeling there might be a few more folks up there...I did talk to a manager there and they have 2 new bathrooms opening (used to be for 2 private suites) and a few more beer carts...so that should help

I bet no one remembers the precursor to the Acela Club at Capital Centre. My dad and I would have the brunch on Sundays at the Capital Club. It was the only place you could see the Bullets championship trophy. Now they have it out in the concourse of Verizon, but the Capital Club had previously been where it was housed.

I bet no one remembers the precursor to the Acela Club at Capital Centre. My dad and I would have the brunch on Sundays at the Capital Club. It was the only place you could see the Bullets championship trophy. Now they have it out in the concourse of Verizon, but the Capital Club had previously been where it was housed.

Remember it, never went there...think my Dad got in once with some VP from Penney's...shet that was a long time ago....see old....

Bobby Ddddddd.........BUCKET.

I went to a 1st or 2nd rounder that year with Dad, and realized I couldn't read the scoreboard....had a blast though..and they won it all

The current Acela Club was also called the Capital Club, before Amtrak "came on board" (pun intended) with the sponsorship circa 2001.

I like the Club level concessions but the Club itself doesn't do anything for me.