68 replies to this topic

#1 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

yea..no we don't want to spend $34 for the table (extra) but don't feel like dealing with GB on that busy of a night...service svcks there...maybe a burger and a couple of cold ones

thanks

#2 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Ovechkin&Semin Fan @ Oct 6 2008, 05:10 PM)

QUOTE (norske @ Oct 6 2008, 05:05 PM)

There are two different, but similarly named, concepts here. The entire club level is called the Acela Club Level, and yes, you have a specific seat there as noted on your ticket, just like anywhere else in the arena. But there is also the actual Acela Club, which is the bar/restuarant located there. If you have Acela Club access (which does not automatically come with club level tickets) you can only sit at the front tables if you buy the lousy, expensive buffet. If you just want to drink or eat bar food you can sit anywhere else, and neither of those options affects your actual seat in the club level.

Thank you so much for explaining that. smile.gif

Actually you don't have to order the buffet but off the dinner "menu" although they will allow 1/2 the seated patrons to order bar food and the other 1/2 to order dinnder items.

You can also get the more exp. menu at the bar/lounge.

The ACELA club comes with season tickets, so if you buy single games/ticketmaster your ticket will not have the ACELA club logo on it, and therefore no entry

#3 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Ovechkin&Semin Fan @ Oct 6 2008, 05:22 PM)

QUOTE (Blueice @ Oct 6 2008, 06:15 PM)

The ACELA club comes with season tickets, so if you buy single games/ticketmaster your ticket will not have the ACELA club logo on it, and therefore no entry

My dad got the tickets through his job and the company he works for has season tickets in the ACELA Club section. I've personally never sat there, so wasn't sure if it was like a reserved seat or you had to go and sit at a bar/table to watch the game. I probably won't go to the whole bar/buffet area since the reviews haven't been so great. Kinda just interested in the game anyway. Thanks for clearing everything up though.

Well I think the food is on level with the rest of the building...my understanding is, like the rest of the club level, lines are shorter and service is quicker.

JS - they have now opened up the ACELA membership to those that have just CAPS (started last March) the parking and suites is where "full" package has its benefits

#4 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (js4rester @ Oct 6 2008, 06:31 PM)

QUOTE (Blueice @ Oct 6 2008, 05:02 PM)

QUOTE (Ovechkin&Semin Fan @ Oct 6 2008, 05:22 PM)

QUOTE (Blueice @ Oct 6 2008, 06:15 PM)

My dad got the tickets through his job and the company he works for has season tickets in the ACELA Club section. I've personally never sat there, so wasn't sure if it was like a reserved seat or you had to go and sit at a bar/table to watch the game. I probably won't go to the whole bar/buffet area since the reviews haven't been so great. Kinda just interested in the game anyway. Thanks for clearing everything up though.

Well I think the food is on level with the rest of the building...my understanding is, like the rest of the club level, lines are shorter and service is quicker.

JS - they have now opened up the ACELA membership to those that have just CAPS (started last March) the parking and suites is where "full" package has its benefits

I never saw the benefits of ACELA, but there were benefits of the Johnny Walker Club in the basement.

http://www.verizoncenter.com/about/

ahhh they don't list the "Gold VIP" just the difference between the seat levels...sure that cost extra even above the standard team package

#5 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (OldChelsea @ Oct 6 2008, 07:33 PM)

I've only been up there twice myself - once in 2002 as part of a randomly selected group of Caps STH for Meet the Coach Night, and five years later for a Mystics press conference announcing the 2007 WNBA All-Star Game (all Mystics STH were invited).

Terrific view from there, but far better beer opportunities are to be found in the 400's.

ahhh they have Red Hook there, so I'm good, and my tickets are cheaper than anything on the lower level, and the same as upper level middle...so snob..OK I'll take that wink.gif

#6 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (50Shoebox @ Oct 7 2008, 08:03 AM)

My wife enjoys our occassional Acela Club games because the bathroom lines are so small. I like attending games in the club level because the Caps Ice Girls fan you with large palm fans, feed you grapes during the game, and serve you unlimited wine and beer as you lounge in a soft leather reclining loveseat. It's worth the few extra bucks from time to time.

I've been up there maybe 30 times....and all the lines are way shorter...many a time I could go out, hit the BR and get a beer and be back for a TV time out. Although with some tickets at $49, I have a feeling there might be a few more folks up there...I did talk to a manager there and they have 2 new bathrooms opening (used to be for 2 private suites) and a few more beer carts...so that should help

#7 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (js4rester @ Oct 7 2008, 08:22 AM)

I bet no one remembers the precursor to the Acela Club at Capital Centre. My dad and I would have the brunch on Sundays at the Capital Club. It was the only place you could see the Bullets championship trophy. Now they have it out in the concourse of Verizon, but the Capital Club had previously been where it was housed.

Remember it, never went there...think my Dad got in once with some VP from Penney's...shet that was a long time ago....see old....

Bobby Ddddddd.........BUCKET.

I went to a 1st or 2nd rounder that year with Dad, and realized I couldn't read the scoreboard....had a blast though..and they won it all

#8 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (nuftcrow @ Oct 7 2008, 12:14 PM)

QUOTE (apocalypsedude @ Oct 7 2008, 01:01 PM)

QUOTE (js4rester @ Oct 7 2008, 12:36 PM)

QUOTE (apocalypsedude @ Oct 7 2008, 10:34 AM)

so, as a STH with cheapo 400-level seats, can i ever gain access to the club level? can i beg guest services for a pass or something?

It is just a concourse with the same type of concession stands. Only real difference is carpeting and the restaurant that overlooks one goal. Why anyone would pay just to have access is beyond me.

yeah, i've been in there before. i can't think of any reason i'd want to be there, but i was just curious.

also, i want access to the bbq joint!

I thought you could still go to the food places between periods. I do love the views from there from the time I sat there, eventually I am thinking I will make the move down there.

Lower level ends, up high, so above the concourse are $60 for a season ticket (and not much left where the CAPS shoot twice)

the 4 sections in the club that are even with the goals, and a MUCH better view of the rest of the ice. My tickets were 49.50 _same as Upper level in the middle.

closer to the ice, better view, cheaper tickets, and shorter lines...and plenty of beer options.....(and my seats will ONLY go up 1.49 next year) there will also be more folks up there, so more noise....I can't think of one good reason to go up or down and pay more and wait in lines...i'll suffer through the carpet laugh.gif

JS - yea outside is the deal, but I guess when you are running late some Chicken tenders will do it blink.gif

#9 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (LMC @ Oct 7 2008, 12:54 PM)

I'm shocked they dropped the price on Club seats so low, but the Pollins must have gotten tired of seeing all those empty seats at every game. I hope this means there will be more than 5 fans per Club level section at any given game. I always thought it looked pretty lonely. I'm curious if they are still $85 gate price.

Here is the info. Wonder what they will come up with for a Meet-the-Team event? Did they piggyback on the Caps event or will it be a separate one? The latter would surprise me.

I "heard" they'll be doing something else, but it will only be a few players....I could have gone to the Six Flags party. The seats I bought are $90 gate price.....

I always thought it looked pretty lonely

When we had season tickets in the 117's for years, it was kinda cool seeing the same folks, becoming friends etc.....but not having folks walk in front of me, getting up, lines etc...worth the trade off...place could be barren, and I'd be OK....if I could have a private beer wench laugh.gif

#10 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Ajax @ Oct 7 2008, 01:25 PM)

QUOTE (Blueice @ Oct 7 2008, 01:32 PM)

QUOTE (nuftcrow @ Oct 7 2008, 12:14 PM)

QUOTE (apocalypsedude @ Oct 7 2008, 01:01 PM)

so, as a STH with cheapo 400-level seats, can i ever gain access to the club level? can i beg guest services for a pass or something?

It is just a concourse with the same type of concession stands. Only real difference is carpeting and the restaurant that overlooks one goal. Why anyone would pay just to have access is beyond me.

yeah, i've been in there before. i can't think of any reason i'd want to be there, but i was just curious.

also, i want access to the bbq joint!

I thought you could still go to the food places between periods. I do love the views from there from the time I sat there, eventually I am thinking I will make the move down there.

Lower level ends, up high, so above the concourse are $60 for a season ticket (and not much left where the CAPS shoot twice)

the 4 sections in the club that are even with the goals, and a MUCH better view of the rest of the ice. My tickets were 49.50 _same as Upper level in the middle.

closer to the ice, better view, cheaper tickets, and shorter lines...and plenty of beer options.....(and my seats will ONLY go up 1.49 next year) there will also be more folks up there, so more noise....I can't think of one good reason to go up or down and pay more and wait in lines...i'll suffer through the carpet laugh.gif

JS - yea outside is the deal, but I guess when you are running late some Chicken tenders will do it blink.gif

The middle of the 400 level seats are around $50 face value, not at the season ticket price. I moved down to the same $49 club level seats this year also but had those 400 level seats last year and they were about $27 each at season ticket prices.

One benefit of having season ticket club seats is that you get first option for your seats on all but a couple other events at the arena. I haven't used them for anything but my wife has for 3 or 4 concerts already since we bought the tickets last April.

yea they are up to $30 this season, compared to the $49......I just won't make the trip up to sit that high....

We started receiving emails about other events right away...pretty cool to grab club level to concerts.....

#11 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (LMC @ Oct 7 2008, 01:48 PM)

QUOTE (norske @ Oct 7 2008, 02:44 PM)

QUOTE (LMC @ Oct 7 2008, 01:54 PM)

I'm shocked they dropped the price on Club seats so low, but the Pollins must have gotten tired of seeing all those empty seats at every game. I hope this means there will be more than 5 fans per Club level section at any given game. I always thought it looked pretty lonely. I'm curious if they are still $85 gate price.

Here is the info. Wonder what they will come up with for a Meet-the-Team event? Did they piggyback on the Caps event or will it be a separate one? The latter would surprise me.

I think the drop to $49.50 was aimed specifically at lobbyists. I'm not really up on these rules, but I think there's a fifty dollar limit on entertainment and gifts given to members of Congress and their staffs.

That is correct - thanks for the reminder. That's why the Caps used to price Loge seats at $49 as well.

really ?? Lobbyists will buy $4000 worth of tickets to CAPS games ?? I guess they could buy "one" but doubt it...I think it was targeted at folks that didn't want to spend $60 for lower level uppers. its also only 4 sections, and not big ones at that. you also have to commit to 2 years, but there is a price guarantee. The prices for the other sections are "decent" for club level....

#12 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (LMC @ Oct 7 2008, 02:39 PM)

QUOTE (Monty @ Oct 7 2008, 03:32 PM)

I put a premium on seats in which I had the ability to bolt from my seats to the concourse, use the restroom and get a beer on a 75-second TV timeout.

ohmy.gif Good luck with that! laugh.gif

I've done it a number of times.....

I could have moved over a section and been in the 7th row, or Section 203 and only 3 rows up...went with the closer to the ice....the seats and elbow room are also bigger in club seats...makes a big difference...space between rows are more also, so getting up etc isn't as bad

#13 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

ACELA club rules....the only negative was its at the opposite end from our seats.

Heineken, Oak Stout, Bud ale (not bad on draft) Hef and two others can't remember...lounge chairs, a private smoking balcony for the bro, and service at the bar in under 2 minutes every time. A few suits, but a lot more "fans" up there this year.....much better atmosphere.

They also had "bowls" of buffalo wings...hmmm yum

#14 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (capsfan2008 @ Nov 23 2008, 07:04 PM)

I "heard" they'll be doing something else, but it will only be a few players....I could have gone to the Six Flags party. The seats I bought are $90 gate price.....

I have heard the same thing from the Washington Sports and Entertainment group (the company who sells the Club Level seats) for months now. They claim to be "working" on a VIP event, supposedly a private team practice, but they never have any details or confirm anything. I highly doubt they'll do anything since the collective bargaining agreement for NHL players states that they only have to do one meet the team kind of event per year.

Interestingly though, they advertize the Club Level seats as coming with the meet the team event, and include it in the contract, and even though I have the same $90 gate price seats, they claim I wasn't entitled to go to the meet the team event.

Any other Acela Club level Caps season ticket holders out there snubbed for the meet the team event? I'm curious to see who else got shortchanged on the deal and what Washington Sports and Entertainment is going to do to make it up to us.

Huh ?? I had two tickets to the Meet and Greet and told my rep. to give them to someome else if they wanted them...being in Charlottesville, and having done the event a few times, wasn't make the trip on a weeknight....

But if they do another one, that would be cool too !!!! smile.gif

#15 blue-juice

blue-juice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,491 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

For the folks on the club level that have NOT tried the BBQ brisque sammich on the F street side...you should....best food I eva had there.....IMO of course wink.gif

#16 1995hoo

1995hoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,068 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

The food at the buffet is both overpriced and not really all that good, IMO. Some of the concession stands on the club level were decent the last time I sat up there; I recall there being a seafood stand that was pretty good (and quite popular as it was a Friday during Lent the last time I sat up there).

#17 1995hoo

1995hoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,068 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Bumperhead @ Oct 7 2008, 12:44 PM)

I would pay a little extra to get some of the yummy food on that level (the actual concession stands, not the Acela Club restaurant itself). They have some gooooooood blue cheese burgers there.

I haven't been up there in a few years, but IIRC there was a concession stand that sold fish. Quite nice to have that option for Friday night games in March.

#18 1995hoo

1995hoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,068 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (apocalypsedude @ Oct 7 2008, 04:00 PM)

QUOTE (Blueice @ Oct 7 2008, 03:42 PM)

I've done it a number of times.....

I could have moved over a section and been in the 7th row, or Section 203 and only 3 rows up...went with the closer to the ice....the seats and elbow room are also bigger in club seats...makes a big difference...space between rows are more also, so getting up etc isn't as bad

I've definitely done the TV timeout beer run and made it back to my seats before the puck dropped. If you're near the exit and you've got an empty concession stand outside your section, it's not that difficult.

That sort of thing is one time we can celebrate being born male! laugh.gif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

I would pay a little extra to get some of the yummy food on that level (the actual concession stands, not the Acela Club restaurant itself). They have some gooooooood blue cheese burgers there.

#20 BEParkerVA

BEParkerVA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (js4rester @ Oct 7 2008, 09:22 AM)

I bet no one remembers the precursor to the Acela Club at Capital Centre. My dad and I would have the brunch on Sundays at the Capital Club. It was the only place you could see the Bullets championship trophy. Now they have it out in the concourse of Verizon, but the Capital Club had previously been where it was housed.

My wife and I had season tickets and we would buy a membership to the Capital Club. Had great Sunday brunches and we would stop in there for after the game dessert while the parking lot cleared out at the Cap Centre.

They had a STH party for a draft there, too. The one where Mike Ridley was signing for the STHs and while he was there, they traded him to Vancouver...he abruptly left the event...

We were a bit disappointed that we couldn't get the same deal at the MCI center when we moved downtown, but it sounds like I'm better off not spending the extra money...

P.S. at the last game at VC, the case where the trophy used to be was empty...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users